Minton Haddon Hall model designed by John William Wadsworth (1879–1955), with a fluted body and white background decorated with colorful flowers and a green rim, inspired by the wonderful gardens of Haddon Hall Manor.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Capacity||400 ml / 1/2 pints|
Minton was one of the most important English manufactories of Majolica and porcelain, created in 1793 by Thomas Minton in the Staffordshire. John W. Wadsworth was appointed Assistant Art Director to L.V. Solon at Minton in 1901, becoming Art Director in 1905. He was a joint designer with Léon Solon of Secessionist ware from 1901-2. He moved to the Royal Worcester Porcelain Company as Art Director in 1915 and returned to Minton from 1935-55.
Minton supplied many famous institutions during the 19th century for both art porcelain pieces and also encaustics tiles. Minton exhibit pieces at the Great Exhibition of 1851, received a Gold Medal in 1855 for the Paris' Exposition Universelle, and had prestigious clients like Queen Victoria. The manufactory was internationally renowned and was knew for several specialties: china bone, Majolica, Parian ware, and Japonism ware and Secessionist ware. Circa 1970 the company merged with others like Royal Doulton then eventually disappeared in 2005.
13 other products in the same category: